It's Crocktober! Fall is for soup, crockpots and sweaters as far as I am concerned. This month we will be sharing some of our favorite Crockpot Recipes with you. To start us off, my Crockpot Dump Soup!
Ok yes really, it's called Dump Soup...because you just dump everything in and go.
I swung by Trader Joe's last night when I dropped my daughter off at swim practice nearby (tell me I'm not the only one excited when life brings me near TJ's) and grabbed some of my favorites to help out and make prep even easier.
- Mirepoix mix from TJ's (or onions, carrots and celery if you want to chop your own)
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 c. frozen peppers (again, use fresh if you want)
- 1 box chicken broth
- 2 c. water
- 3 chicken thighs and 1 chicken breast (the rest I put in the freezer for my next soup day)
- 1 t. italian seasoning
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14 oz can your favorite beans (I used Great Northern)
- 1 c. chopped fresh spinach
Put all ingredients except the beans and spinach in your Crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Pull out the chicken and shred it up and return it to the crock pot. Stir in the beans and spinach and heat for 10 more minutes. Done! How easy is that, and I have leftovers for lunch all week. Hurray!